Wednesday, September 17, 2008

My life in September 2008

Over Labor Day weekend your dad and I drove up to Sacramento to see how everyone was doing. My dad is doing about the same, his mind is good but his right leg doesn't always obey that good mind. I spent some time videotaping my dad while he answered my questions about his life before WII. It was so nice of him to let me do that and the session gave out great. I am going to try to do it again and get him to talk about the rest of his life.

We also went out to dinner at the Olive Garden with Caroline, Peter, Mark, Anita, Averi, my parents and a foreign exchange student from Japan. She belonged to Mark and Anita. The food was much better than I remembered it to be. On Sunday we went to Wayne and Cathy's ward and watched them put Wayne in as Bishop.

I am now holding Family History classes at home on Wednesday mornings. A few people are coming and that's good enough. Dad and I bought another laptop and printer for our FH class in the ward. We also bought another air card so we can access the Internet in our building. I have had fun downloading all sorts family history programs onto this new computer. Now if I could learn how to build a network at the church we would really be in business.

Dad is in Pittsburgh today but will be home tomorrow night. We are flying out Saturday to go to Orlando, Florida. Dad has a conference later in the week but we are going to go play at Disney World for a couple of days. We will be home Friday night.

Oh, I'm supposed to tell you about what wonderful Lindsay is doing. She's eating, sleeping, working, watching TV and shopping with me, she helps me put my credit card in the machine the correct way. Oh, and she helps babysit the dogs. It's nice to have her around until she starts making fun of my senior moments, which are, sadly, becoming more frequent

You know I love you all more than chocolate!

MOM/Grams/Deb

1 comment:

sellers said...

I think that it is great that you have a blog, you should talk my mom into starting one.