I found this old blog and thought I might as well go a publish it. It was kind of a stream of consciousness thing.
Here I am sitting in another airport. I travel a lot and so I spend a lot of time in them. This time it's the Salt Lake airport which as airports go is pretty nice. They are always improving it, Chinese food, CPK and Krispy Kreme and that just about covers my needs. Actually there are lot of places to eat and shop. It's usually pretty clean except for the time I saw a mouse scurry from one planter to the next.
LAX gets a 3 on Deborah's scale of 1-10. It kind of depends on the terminal but in general it's kinda old and lacks good choices for food. The International Terminal is embarrassing. JFK is not only busy but very confusing, I'm giving it a 4. Heathrow wasn't impressive but I was so excited to be in England I didn't care while the security at the Brussels airport was so scary and I was so tired I don't remember much except it very clean. Tahiti's airport at Papeete was horrible, tiny, old and no place to buy are candy bar or a bottle of water. They also allow smoking, can you believe it? I deserves a -1 but my scale doesn't go that low.
Atlanta (6), O'hare (6)and Newark (8), are busy but there's plenty of places to eat and shop. I even found a sit down restaurant in Newark that used cloth napkins.
Albany, Ontario and Sacramento all get a 7 though they should probably be in a separate category for smaller airports. Though Sacramento's rental cars are about fifty miles from the airport and Ontario's food sources are only open for about six hours. Long Beach is pitiful earning only about a 3 but Jet Blue flies out of there so I'm at their mercy. Albany is probably the best of the lot. I can't remember San Antonio or Phoenix so they must not be bad I guess I'll give them both a 5.
Oops, they are calling my "zone", I'd better get going or those people in the other zones will steal my overheard compartment. I can always finish this next time I'm stuck in an airport.
Though I think I need to stay home for awhile, don't you?
If it ain't broke, don't fix it
13 years ago
1 comment:
Hooray you posted! I like your rating system. I agree with your ratings although I don't remember Heathrow being that bad. Of course I don't remember spending much time there. The airport in Nassau, Bahamas was pretty nasty hygiene-wise but at least you could get a candy bar. The Tahiti airport sounds bad. Why does traveling have to be so uncomfortable?
Post a Comment